My son/daughter is just starting lacrosse. What equipment is required and how do I get it?
Boys and girls lacrosse are similar but not the same. They require different equipment.
- Boys required equipment:
- Certified and approved lacrosse helmet with chin strap
- Approved Lacrosse gloves (hockey gloves are different)
- Approved shoulder pads
- Approved arm guards
- Appropriate and legal (boys) lacrosse stick
- Mouth guard (it is recommended to purchase one that attached to the helmet)
- Girls required equipment:
- Appropriate and legal ‘girls’ lacrosse stick (different from a boys stick)
- Certified eye goggles
- Mouth Guard
- ‘OPTIONAL’ - several manufacturers now sell a girls lacrosse helmet but this is not required.
**Some entry level camps will only require sticks and mouth guards for boys and girls.
Equipment can be purchased new or used.
- Play it again sports
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Tama Lacrosse (Naperville)
New equipment can also be purchased from numerous retailers 'online’.
For those just starting out, Team ONE West and New Wave Lacrosse also offer a rental program. It is advised that players only rent equipment for a single program and then purchase equipment after that.
To rent equipment for the Western Suburbs: contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(There is no rental option for the Northern Suburb Team ONE programs at this time).