Winter Season Focus: Focusing on the Individual Within a Team Environment
The Winter Off-Season is Ending: Take a look back at the major concepts from the last two months and the on-field emphasis for our Winter Season:
- Focusing on Technique & Reps: Quality Reps are the Key! Focusing on Breaking Down the Technique and getting the muscle memory to twitch on point time after time.
- Speed of Play & Playing in Tight Spaces: In order to excel at the next level, you must be able to play at a fast pace and in tight spaces. The Winter Season emphasis has been on pace of the training, and ability to keep the ball, work together, and make quality decisions in tight spaces!
- Improving Speed, Endurance, and Mental Toughness: All players need to be pushed. The off-season is the time to take your individual game to new heights, and all players are asked to go hard and push themselves to play at their highest potential!
National Girls & Women in Sports Day!
Team ONE Celebrates National Girls & Women in Sports Day! We are so proud to work with such INCREDIBLE female athletes and coaches. Thank you to all the Team ONE Girls Players, Coaches, & Families who make this club so special!
Bravery Ball Winners: The Competition Heats Up in the Western Suburbs
Check Out Some of Our February Bravery Ball Winners! To win the coveted Bravery Ball, a player must demonstrate the HHH (Head, Heart, & Hustle!) Congrats to all of the February Bravery Ball Winners! Below is a quick look at a few - Click the links below for the full list!
|Madeline H.||Nora D.||Lindsay G.||Allison D.|
February Bravery Ball Winners - Week 1 // February Bravery Ball Winners - Week 2
Girls Are Putting in the Work Out West!
A Big Shout Out to the West Dick Cook Coaches & Trainers!
They continue to push the girls each week and it’s been a great value add to the Winter Season!
“Team ONE West focused on strengthening muscle groups particularly targeted for shooting, changing speed and changing direction. For some girls, this was their first experience utilizing weights so learning proper technique from the staff at Dick Cook was so valuable. The training provided the opportunity for the team to connect off the lacrosse field while still developing transferable skills to make them stronger in the upcoming season! “
- Coach Gina
Good Luck to all our Girls High School Players at Tryouts Next Week!
Thank You Seniors! We want to thank all of our seniors for their hard work and commitment over the years! We are thrilled to watch everyone play this Spring! Team ONE will represent over 60 high school programs throughout Illinois and we couldn’t be more proud! Good Luck at Tryouts Everyone!
COACH CAWLEY, WHAT IS THE BEST TRYOUT ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Teams Went All Out at the ICE-Breaker Event!
Great effort at the Lacrosse America ICE-Breaker event at the Highland Park Dome. The girls fought hard all day in a high intensity, competitive environment. Great job ladies!
Team ONE Secures their Spot in the 2022 IWLCA President’s Cup!
- The IWLCA President Cup is the largest girls event of the year, and the tournament sells out in under 10 Minutes! Team ONE will be taking it’s Wildcat Teams, North Select Teams, and West Select Teams to the event next November! Let’s Gooooooo!
Celebrating Multi-Sport Athletes!
Shout out to all the girls playing basketball and other winter sports during the off-season! Basketball in particular is such a great complimentary sport to lacrosse. Everything from Pick n Rolls, to Defensive Stance, to Two-Man Game, and Fast Breaks, there are so many similarities to Basketball & Lacrosse! Check this out for a fun read on the comparison between Lax & Hoops!
|Maggie F.||Matty & Sonja||Rocky & Anne P.||Natlie, Mia, and Nora||Meg G.|
March 5th: Bragging Rights Games - Ending the Season on a High Note!
Team ONE Youth teams will compete in the Saturday, March 5th Bragging Rights games to end the winter season! Looking forward to watching the girls compete and getting back outside! Check Your PlayerFirst for game schedules!
Awesome Alums! Team ONE Girls Making an Impact at the Collegiate Level!
Check Out Some Notable Moments from the Start of the 2022 Season from Our Awesome Alums!
Breakout Sophomore Seasons!
- Claudia Shevitz (2020 Wildcat) was named the USC, Star of the Game vs San Diego State University with 12 Draw Controls, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, & 1 Caused Turnover! This is the 2nd Time this season, as she was also awarded this honor vs Mercer University in the season opener after scoring 5 goals!! Claudia currently has 8 Goals and 2 Assists on the season after only 3 Games! Let’s Gooooooo!
- Annabelle Burke (2020 Wildcat) gets her first career start for the #10 Ranked University of Michigan! Annabell has started every game this season and was pivotal in their victory against the #5 Ranked Notre Dame (The program’s highest ranked win in history!) Annabelle current has 5 goals this season!
- Liz Myote (2020 Wildcat), gets valuable minutes in cage as she helps University of Regis to victory in their first win of the season against Concordia St. Paul!
Career Firsts for Freshman Alums!
- Meg Bireley (2021 Wildcat), scores her first two goals of the season and her collegiate career vs Northwestern! Meg also added two more goals against Louisville on the road, for a total of four goals to date in just four goals as a freshman!
-Josie Lambert (2021 Wildcat Alum) gets her first collegiate start of the season in the opening game as a Freshman at Davidson. Lambert helped the team to victory in an upset winner vs High Point University. A couple days later, Josie scored her first collegiate goal vs Coastal Carolina! Click Here to Check it Out!
Teams with Multiple Team ONE Alums Are Making Their Mark!
- Marquette Golden Eagles! Audrey Brett (2020 Wildcat), Kelsey Koch (2020 Wildcat), Jasmine Marval (2020 Wildcat), Kyra Lamotte (Team ONE Coach), and Meg Bireley (2021 Wildcat), get their first win of the season for Marquette against Cincinnati.
- Butler Bulldogs! Greer Bireley (2019 Wildcat), Emily Doell (2019 Wildcat), Sloan Trapp (2021 Wildcat), and Caroline Smith (2021 Wildcat), help Butler to victory in their 11-10 home opener vs Kent State. Greer Birely contributes 1 assist on the game and Emily Doell gets her first start on the midfield with 2 ground balls & 2 caused turnovers. Greer and Emily both the starting nod in their last game at Denison! Congrats Bulldogs!
Women’s College Lacrosse on TV!
Learn. Watch. Enjoy! Women’s College Lacrosse is on TV More than Ever Before! Click Here for Full Womens Lacrosse TV Schedule!
IVYREHAB IN ACTION
As Team ONE's official physical therapy and injury prevention partner, our goal is to ensure that our athletes receive educational information to help them compete and recover at their highest levels. Check out this month’s topic from Head Athletic Trainer Simon Jiries.
BLOG TOPIC: KNEE INJURIES
Stop by and meet Simon when he’s on site at Falcon Fields throughout the week. Any other injury needs? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Virtual Seminar Series - Thank You to All of Our Speakers!
Justin Serpone’s (Amherst College Men’s Head Coach) talk on leadership, gets rave reviews from players, coaches, and parents! Big THANK YOU to Justin! It was a great message for the players and we hope everyone had a chance to listen! Missed it?
Click here for all Virtual Seminar Series topics, recordings, zoom links & information.
What’s Next! The Month of March
Saturday, March 5th: Bragging Rights Youth Games - Check PlayerFirst Schedules
Western Suburbs - March Spring Tune-Up Sessions
Northern Suburbs - Spring Break Pop Up Clinics
Northern Suburbs - Spring Break Goalie Pop Up Clinics